Best in Physiology Web Sites

Mike Maier msmaier at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Wed Nov 12 09:19:47 EST 1997

Hello everyone,

My name is Michael Maier and I am the internet coordinator for the
Undergraduate Physiology Students Association (UPSA) at the University of
Alberta.  The UPSA is composed of all Honors Physiology students who have an
active interest in physiology research.

The UPSA is currently in the process of trying to identify the best web
pages and resources available on the Internet.  In order to help accomplish
this, we will be awarding the first annual "UPSA Recommended" logo to the
top five internet sites on the basis of:

1. Current issues in physiology research.
2. Promotion of physiology and physiology research.
3. Graphical appeal, navigation and ease of use.
4. Information on physiology.

We are requesting that anyone who knows of sites that fit into the above
categories please send us the URL of those sites which you think should be
considered.  Please note that the recommended sites do not need to be
extremely strong in all three areas. (ie. A site  may have wonderful java
interfaces and excellent graphics, but if it does not provide accurate
information, it will most likely not win).

The UPSA students will benefit from this by having the submitted sites added
to our internet links page, allowing them greater ease in finding relevant
information that may not be available through regular search engines.

We thank you for your time and consideration of this request.

Sincerely,

Michael Maier

e-mail: upsa at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca or msmaier at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Visit our Website @ www.ualberta.ca/~upsa (still under construction)