copy number of the gene of interest

Robert A. Bouchard RBOUCHARD at ACS.WOOSTER.EDU
Fri Apr 10 10:38:56 EST 1998

In my experience (specifically with maize the gene families for the
ubiquitins, shsps, and hsp 80s) a probe confined *strictly* to the 3'UTR
will generally be gene-specific at normal stringencies even when the ORFs
of the related genes have very high homology.  I suggest you use pcr to
lift out the 3' UTR starting at a point just beyond the stop codon of your
coding sequence.

---

Robert A. Bouchard                        Phone:  330-263-2433 [Note: new]
Department of Biology                     FAX:    330-263-2378 [area code]
Mateer Hall                               eMail:  RBOUCHARD at ACS.wooster.edu
931 College Street,  The College of Wooster,  Wooster, Ohio 44691-2363