IUBio

Corn Varieties

David J. Gerrick dayton at erienet.net
Wed Dec 2 13:03:09 EST 1998

Forwarded to bionet.maize from the Maize Genetics COOP:

Morning:

I write to you in hopes that you can pass this message on to the
appropriate individual. I realize from my wanderings in cyberspace that
you pretty much have your fingers on the pulse of maize research.

This spring I'm teaching a course in economic botany at one of our local
colleges. In this endeavor I want to show my students the diversity of
corn varieties. No problem with dent corn, sweet corn,  pop corn, indian
corn etc. What I'd like to do is get color photos of things like flint
corn, husk corn, waxy corn etc. as well as teosinte and Tripsacum. I've
tried various search engines with illustration location capability
without any hits. Can you recall offhand any investigators working with
these types of corn products. What I'd like to do is borrow a cob or two
of these varieties or slides which I could duplicate. Any further help
or direction would be appreciated.

Hoping we see $5.00 a bushel by Christmas!

David J. Gerrick
Dayton Tech
3235 Dayton Ave
Lorain OH 44055