IUBio

red spiders on greenhouse maize

Wenwei Xu we-xu at tamu.edu
Tue Feb 23 12:20:17 EST 1999

You may try CO-MITE II.

Wenwei Xu
Assistant Professor-Corn Breeding
Texas A&M University
Agricultural Research & Extension Center
Route 3, Box 219
Lubbock, Texas 79401
Phone: 806-746-4015
Fax: 806-746-6528
E-mail: we-xu at tamu.edu

>>> Steve Stack <sstack at lamar.colostate.edu> 02/20/99 01:01PM >>>
To maize cooperators,
We are having a serious problem with red spiders on the maize plants
that we are growing in the greenhouse.  Our pest manager has been trying
oil, soap, and Pyrethrin.  The first two aren't particularly effective,
while Pyrethrin is, but Pyrethin severely damages the plants.  Has
anyone else solved the problem of  red spiders in the greenhouse?  If
so, I would surely appreciate learning what to do about them without
seriously damaging the maize plants.
Stephen Stack

--
Stephen M. Stack