IUBio

heterosis picture?

Manjit S. Kang mKang at agctr.lsu.edu
Mon Mar 8 09:28:29 EST 1999

Dear Dr. Coe and Dr. Sokolov:

I am looking at page 245 of Breeding Field Crops by J. M. Poehlman (AVI
Publ., Third Edition, 1986) and see a nice picture (Fig. 12.4 A. F1
hybrid plant of its two inbred parents; and B. F1 hybrid ear and ears
from its two inbred parents. There may be similar photographs in the
latest edition of this book (1995, I think). In addition, there may be
other sources that show two inbred parents and resultant hybrid.

Hope this info is helpful.

Best regards,

Manjit

--
Manjit S. Kang, Professor, Quantitative Genetics
Tel: 225-388-2110 (FAX:1403)