OP Corn Newsletter

frank kutka fjkutka at kbjrmail.com
Fri Jan 7 10:25:33 EST 2000

Hello again:

Since I last sent a message to maizenet many things have happened.
One is that I have been researching cold and frost tolerance in
maize: anyone else out there doing that too?

The second thing is that I have just begun to publish a newsletter
for Open Pollinated Corn grower/breeders called "Corn Culture".  Corn
Culture is a response to a need felt by many OP Corn growers to learn
more and feel more connected.  This newsletter is primarily aimed at
anyone in North America who is maintaining or improving OP
populations (this includes advanced synthetics) or who is privy to
information about growing, selecting, crossing, marketing, or using
maize which has not been hybridized or genetically "modified".  Corn
Culture will come out three times each year (Preplanting or March,
Tasseling or July, and Postharvest or November) and will cost $15 US
for a one year subscription.  There are also subscription prices for
low income individuals ($10) and institutions ($25).  Corn Culture
will be published in english.  If anyone outside of North America is
interested in subscribing let me know and I will see what shipping
will cost and we will try to include you too.

I am looking for reprints and other research reports that involve
work on OP populations (including public release synthetics) as far
as selection techniques, production, feed quality, and agronomic
qualities are concerned.  Information about the history of maize
varieties, maize breeders, and maize cultures is also desired,
especially if it can be used or adapted without copyright
infringement problems.  Information about maize genetics that is of
some use to farmer/breeders would also be appreciated.  Personal
information about your "walk with corn" is also of great interest so
that we OP grower/breeders can get to know one another.
Advertisements for OP Corn seed can be placed in the first full issue
at $3 for the first 20 words and $0.15 per word thereafter if sent to
me by the 1st of February.  Questions can be mailed or emailed to me
at the addresses below.  If you would like to subscribe just send me
an email and a check later after we chat (or just send a check if you
are feeling brave).

Peace,

Frank Kutka
Booming Native Plants