*Miller Ag is currently networking for top talent in the agroscience
industry, and we'd like your help! Below is one of our top priority
positions =96 please let us know if you are interested or forward it on to
someone who might be qualified. Also visit our website for more exciting
openings in R&D, sales and marketing, manufacturing, and executive
management in the ag and specialty chemical industries. *
*If not for you, maybe you know someone? Please tell a friend!*
"All inquires are 100% in confidence"
*Corn Breeder Research & Development Scientist*
Location: South Dakota
The primary purpose of this job is to develop new inbreds and hybrids that
contribute to the commercial success of the company and to screen for stres=
tolerance. In addition, expertise in statistical analyses will contribute
to enhanced genotype characterization.
The selected candidate will be expected to lead a research project in the
development of inbred lines to produce hybrids to fit the maturity zones
covering 100-108 DRM. The incumbent will also develop and manage a
drought-related agronomic screening project and must participate in overall
station activities to meet company deliverables for technical success,
budget, people development, and Environmental Health & Safety.
*This position provides the opportunity to leverage technical skills,
interaction with a global breeding network, access to molecular tools and
breeder creativity, to develop an inclusive breeding project from the
selection of breeding populations to the final commercial product. *
Key responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Select germplasm, develop and implement a creative and efficient
breeding plan with the purpose of selecting superior commercial products=
assigned maturity. Breeding strategies will include the innovative use
of molecular markers. The breeding plan must take into account both
performance of the new hybrids and new parent lines to positively influe=
cost of goods. Conduct drought-related agronomic studies.
- Understand and leverage the diversity of germplasm available from the
Global breeding network as well as molecular tools in the development of=
- Develop and manage an annual station budget that supports corn researc=
goals and objectives.
- Analyze data from testing program. Make recommendations for
advancement to higher levels of testing including commercialization.
- Collaborate with other research stations within the company to exchang=
ideas, plots, germplasm, data and other items to maximize performance of=
- Be the project team leader and help to coach the staff at the station
to maximize performance, build a culture of safety, adhere to company
compliance policies, and develop their careers.
- Participate in sales and agronomy meetings and support as needed.
- Travel to outlying stations and winter nursery facilities as needed.
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in Plant Breeding or a related field is
- Knowledge of corn germplasm and understanding of hybrid breeding and
heterotic relationships are essential.
- Excellent understanding of statistics and experimental design are
critical for success.
- Experience in Quantitative Genetics and/or Marker Breeding will be
- Ability to understand or quickly learn our markets and the factors tha=
add value in new products.
- Technical proficiency in the use of multiple computer applications and
sound analytical skills are necessary for success.
- Strong interpersonal and personal leadership skills are essential to
successfully lead teams and people and understand the importance of
developing the careers of direct reports.
- The recognition of the importance of compliance with transgenic traits
and the importance of promoting a strong culture of employee health and
safety are required.
Our clients pay all fees, relocations costs if needed and offer an excellen=
Corporate benefits package.
If interested in any of these or other positions with Miller Ag, please sen=
your resume in confidence to us. If these don't fit your needs, please shar=
them with others who might be qualified!
*See www.MillerAg.com <http://www.millerag.com/> to find more great Ag
Chemical related positions in sales, marketing, R&D, and more!*
*Send resumes in confidence to: *
*Katrina Henderson at katrina from millerag.com <katrina from millerag.com> *