IUBio

[Maize] MaizeGDB Website Down

Carolyn Lawrence via maize%40net.bio.net (by triffid from iastate.edu)
Mon Jun 14 17:58:59 EST 2010

Greetings, Maize Researchers!

Buildings where the MaizeGDB servers are housed have unexpectedly lost power.  In fact, approximately half of the buildings on the Iowa State University campus are without electricity.  We will keep you posted as we learn more and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

At the same time, we can report that work toward creating a high-availability infrastructure is nearly complete.  This means that in the near future under similar circumstances, this sort of outage would not affect your access to MaizeGDB.

Again, apologies for this inconvenience.
Carolyn Lawrence on behalf of the MaizeGDB Team