IUBio

[Maize] PAG XIX Plant Phenotypes Workshop

Mary Schaeffer via maize%40net.bio.net (by SchaefferM from missouri.edu)
Tue Jan 11 18:46:37 EST 2011

Dear Colleague,

If you are attending PAG XIX, San Diego this year, I invite you to attend
the PAG Plant Phenotypes Workshop Sunday Jan 16  8-10:10 am Pacific Salon 1,
and also to visit Exhibit Booth #427 PAG XIX Outreach Consortium for Plant
Genome Data Resources, that is hosted by MaizeGDB.

At the WORKSHOP,  there will be a panel discussion about phenotypes. Towards
that end, we would greatly appreciate if you would spend 10-15 minutes to
take a survey of your data needs.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/PlantPhenotypeWorkshop2011

Workshop program:

8:00 Welcome

>>> Featured talks (in order)
>>>
>>> 8:10 Sean May "If you build it.....(NASC phenomics)"
>>>
>>> 8:30 Matt Vaughn "iPlant's cyberinfrastructure for high-throughput image
>>> analysis"
>>>
>>> 8:50 Richard Poire "Next generation plant biofuel research and the High
>>> Resolution Plant Phenomics Centre"
>>>
>>> 9:10 Geoff Fincher "Evaluation of next generation phenotyping: the
>>> Australian Plant Phenomics Facility"
>>>
>>> UPDATES, Wrap-up and discussion
>>>
>>> 9:30 Laurel Cooper "Plant Ontology"
>>>
>>> 9:35  Elizabeth Arnoud "Crop Ontology update"
>>>
>>> 9:40 Eva Huala "RCN Phenotype Ontology Plants, animals, etc."
>>>
>>> 9:45 Chi-Ren Shyu "Next generation phenotype data mining update" and
>>> wrap-up/survey discussion.

                     9:0-10:10 Panel Discussion and community input

We are looking forward to meeting you.