POSITION: Research Associate in Molecular Marker Lab - Corn Genotyping
DESCRIPTION: Reporting to the Molecular Marker Lab Manager, the incumbent takes responsibilities in planning, organizing and conducting lab experiments involving molecular marker genotyping assays, data collection, and reporting.
* Implementing flanking SNP marker analyses for our transgenic conversion and native traits programs. Coordinating lab assay needs as well as sample-processing logistics with our MAB (Marker Assisted Backcross), MAS (Marker Assisted Selection), and GMO-testing teams.
* Supervising and participating in sample preparation, DNA extraction and quantification/normalization.
* Planning, conducting, and supervising simplex marker assay experiments and troubleshooting.
* Data collection, data quality control and analysis using generally available programs and proprietary software.
* Interpreting results to the MAB and MAS teams.
* Maintaining seed and leaf sample inventory as well as implementing a long-term sample storage system.
* Routine lab duties such as purchasing and organizing chemicals, chemical stock preparation, safety labeling of hazardous materials and lab waste disposal. Keeping accurate lab notes and organization of files for equipment, chemical, MSDS and protocols as required.
* Providing assistance in training new lab associates as required.
* Assisting in the technical evaluation and implementation of new genotyping platforms
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* B.Sc. or M.Sc. in the field of agricultural biotechnology.
* Knowledge of genotyping technologies for both multiplex and simplex strategies.
* Understanding of diverse molecular-marker applications in corn breeding.
* Experience in high throughput genotyping such as in simplex assay is desirable.
* Common DNA lab skills such as DNA extraction, quantification, purification, PCR setup and operation of general lab equipment. Skills for real-time PCR analysis and data production are an added advantage when required for assistance in our GMO lab.
* Experience with liquid handlers and other lab automation tools are beneficial.
* Computer skills with common software are required.
* Good observation and troubleshooting as well as good record keeping and organizational skills are necessary.
* Strong bases in genetics and breeding (especially MAB theory) are advantageous.
* Positive attitude towards heavy workloads under tight deadlines and ability to concurrently work on multiple tasks. Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to work required hours.
To apply for a position with AgReliant Genetics please complete an application in the Careers section at www.AgReliantGenetics.com. Contact person: Jialiang Chen: jialiang.chen from agreliant.com.
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual(s) or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please promptly notify the sender. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or otherwise copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.