IUBio

[Maize] Announcement of Upcoming 2014 GRC: Plant & Microbial Cytoskeleton

Magdalena Bezanilla via maize%40net.bio.net (by bezanilla from bio.umass.edu)
Wed Jun 18 20:04:35 EST 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to encourage you and your lab members to attend this exciting Gordon Conference meeting this summer August 10-15, 2014.  We have a truly stellar group of speakers, who are applying innovative approaches to investigate fundamental mechanisms.  Our keynote speakers will be John Pringle, Jacques Dumais, and Grant Jensen.  Plant research is well represented, and this meeting has always been a great opportunity to learn from the different model organisms.  Over twenty talks will be chosen from the submitted abstracts, and so there is a great opportunity for giving a talk.

Although we had a full meeting last time, registration numbers so far are too low this year, and so we encourage you and your lab members to consider coming to this great meeting and submit your applications as soon as possible, well before the formal deadline of July 13.

The Gordon Research Conference Meeting on the Plant and Microbial Cytoskeleton focuses on the function and regulation of cytoskeletal elements in plant, fungi, bacteria and protozoa. Topics for this meeting include: cell polarity and shape determination, mitosis, cytokinesis, actin and microtubule regulation, motors, membranes, cell wall regulation, cellular mechanics, and evolution of cytoskeletal elements.

For information about this meeting and a preliminary program, please see: http://www.grc.org/programs.aspx?id=11942

Yours,

Fred Chang and Magdalena Bezanilla