PCR off a transposon - primer suggestions?

Roberto Albinoni dy684 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu
Sat Feb 26 13:23:25 EST 1994

I am trying to locate exactly where a Tn10 derivative (Tn10-9) has landed
in my gene.  I would like to amplify between the 5' end of the gene and one
end of the transposon.  The terminal repeats in the sequences of Tn10 I
have seen are not perfect, so I thought of synthesizing a degenerate oligo
pool which includes both sequences.

Not wanting to re-invent the PCR primer wheel, I wonder if someone has
primed amplification off Tn10 or some other sequence with imperfect
terminal repeats - what would you suggest?  Thanks