Career choices in depressed areas

Michael G. Angell mgangell at umich.edu
Tue Dec 12 18:29:42 EST 1995

This is a vague appeal to any clinical microbiologists working in the 
public health system. I have three broad questions. 

     1) Is there a need for clinical or experimental microbiologists in 
        rural/depressed areas (i.e. in aiding medical diagnosis or 
        improving sanitation conditions)?

     2) If yes, what type of additional training is needed (I have a 
        Ph.D. in Microbiology/Immunology, but little clinical lab 
        experience). And where can it be obtained?

     3) Who funds these types of positions (in addition to the PHS)?

If anyone is in a position like the one mentioned above, I would like
to informally discuss it with you. How you like it etc. Any information 
would be helpful.

Please email me directly at mgangell at umich.edu

More information about the Microbio mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net