IUBio

penicillinase information

Nigel Brown N.L.Brown at bham.ac.uk
Thu Mar 28 03:06:30 EST 1996

In article <4j4iia$ghm at solaris.cc.vt.edu>, cbholm at vt.edu (c holm) wrote:

> I'm doing a paper on the enzymatic activity of penicillinase.  It will be
> an overview taking only 6 pages, but I'm having trouble finding
> information on the net.  I need stuff like structure of the enzyme, what
> a.a.'s contribute to its function.  Where should I look???

This really is a case where looking in the library is better than using
the net.  You get more detail, the information you read has usually been
peer reviewed, and it goes back in time. Much of the work on enzyme
structure and function was done before abstracts were commonly put
on-line.

Nigel Brown

Nigel L. Brown                           Email: N.L.Brown at bham.ac.uk
School of Biological Sciences            Tel: (+44) 121-414-5465
The University of Birmingham             Fax: (+44) 121-414-5907
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK