Help Me Decifer My Conflicting Lab Results?

Yjgent yjgent at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 20:36:49 EST 2000

WARNING! I am not a doctor!!! 
1st question - you say that you "always" show blood in your urine??? Why, where
does it come from? Is is from kidney, vaginal, uterine??? It would make a lot
of difference in the way a urine culture is interpreted.

The urine analysis (the chemical testing of the urine) does NOT show an
infection in the bladder. The negative results for nitrate, leuk. esterase,
etc. The trace of bacteria on a female urine is normal - probably vaginal

The "broth culture" should not be done on a negative urine. All it does is grow
contaminants and it is impossible to quantitate. You say that it a beta
hemolytic Strep - what kind? Beta Strep Group B is concidered normal vaginal
flora, but can be important if the women is pregnant since it can infect the
baby during birth.

My last question is why is a chiropractor treating a bladder/kidney problem? I
thought that they were limited to "bone problems". I think you need to consult
a real urologist and find out where the blood is coming from.
John Gentile M(ASCP)                   President - Rhode Island Apple Group
yjgent at aol.com
Microbiologists do it with culture.

More information about the Microbio mailing list

Send comments to us at biosci-help [At] net.bio.net