Cu(II) chloride inhibition of hydrogenase activty

Tai Man Louie tmlouie at unixg.ubc.ca
Wed Nov 5 15:54:24 EST 1997

Hello everybody,
	I'm doing hydrogenase assays, using cell extracts from a
sulfate-reducing bacterium. In the literature, people reported Cu(II)
chloride as an hydrogenase inhibitor. But I couldn't find anything about
the mechanism of the inhibtion. Does anyone have any idea how this work?
Also, does anyone know the mechanism of 2-heptyl-4-hydroxy-quinoline
N-oxide (HQNO) inhibition on menaquinoe-dependent electron transport?

Thank you for your help.

Tai Man Louie
Dept. of Microbiology
U.B.C.