How Scientists Cheat

John Hewitt john.hewitt1 at virign.net
Sat Sep 9 13:38:44 EST 2000

This posting is to introduce readers to my web site
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.hewitt1/  "A Habit of Lies - How Scientists
Cheat."

The scientists in question include include some very senior figures.  The
subject area is cell biology, particularly motility of eukaryotic cells.
My site supports wave driven cell dynamics on amoeboid cells; many protozoa
are known to display wave motility.  At present I know of none that display
the other kinds of motile
mechanisms generally discussed, such as whole membrane cycling or direct
cytoskeletal pulling but I would like to know about any examples.  Readers
will realise that my work is not a proestablishment document.

I would very much welcome comments about the site itself, especially from
anyone who could, with authority, challenge my assertions, but I will not be
routinely browsing this discussion group.  If you post a response, please
copy your comments to me by E-mail, mentioning the group.  That way, you
will be sure I will read it and can reply to you.

--

Sincerely Yours

John Hewitt