Me again on Evolution

Jim Manhart J-Manhart at tamu.edu
Fri Aug 25 13:23:18 EST 1995

In article <41kiq0$qqk at hptemp1.cc.umr.edu>, storey at rocket.cc.umr.edu
(Daniel Storey) wrote:

> Dear Deep throat (sorry if this is not posted in the correct place). I
> said the same thing about a year ago, and people on this news group
> thought that I was the most terrible person to live. I took it a step
> further in saying that we should not feed the starving because of the
> place of natural selection. I also feel that war is in itself a type of
> natural selection, strongest wins. Well gotta go. let me know what you think

If anything, war is natural selection in reverse.  Only the physically
strongest can tolerate the rigors of training and the atrocious conditions
of warfare for any length of time.  So the strongest are placed in the
greatest danger and get killed at a much higher rate than their weaker
comrades.  Physical strength is no protection from bullets and bombs.

--
Jim Manhart
Dept. of Biology
email:  J-Manhart at tamu.edu