Me on Evolution Again

JMARTINEZ at AZCC.ARIZONA.EDU JMARTINEZ at AZCC.ARIZONA.EDU
Mon Aug 28 15:14:37 EST 1995

D.P. Trelka wrote

I hate to disagree, but natural selection and humanity don't go together
anymore.  With the onset of modern medicine, we had effectively removed
ourselves from the process, much to our species detriment.

You seem to have forgotten about viral infections such as AIDS and ebola.
Just because you can't see them dosen't mean that their not human predators
and fully capable of putting selective pressure on human development.
By the way, chilly temperatures don't cause viral infections, viruses do.