Steve LaBonne and Mitochondrial genetic codes

Mark D. Garfinkel mg16 at kimbark.uchicago.edu
Tue Aug 29 17:51:05 EST 1995

In article <41v5s1$e1g at rebecca.albany.edu>,
S. LaBonne <labonnes at csc.albany.edu> wrote:
>I just
>find Hubert's pretentious, windy outpourings amusing.  I particularly
>enjoyed his call to the lurkers (knowing that I'm a postdoc who hasn't
>published much yet) to ask for my publication list.
	Uh-huh. Like some other Usenet newsgroups, where it is often
assumed that anyone posting from a *.edu site must be a too-idle and/or
too-stupid undergraduate, and where posters whose argument-positions
are untenable deflect such concerns with "but I've received lots of
supportive e-mail."

	Weird-shit debating tactics.

	*sigh*

Mark
--
Mark D. Garfinkel (e-mail: mg16 at midway.uchicago.edu)
(c) 1995; all rights reserved. Permission granted for Usenet quotation