Steve LaBonne and Mitochondrial genetic codes

S. LaBonne labonnes at csc.albany.edu
Tue Aug 29 08:48:49 EST 1995

In article <DE1Gs1.CFG at midway.uchicago.edu>,
Mark D. Garfinkel <mg16 at midway.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>>Delbruck.  It was more recently pointed out by somebody on this newsgroup
>>whose name I forget, who said something like: "Would anybody have
>>predicted the dog's nest of proteins in eukaryotic transcription, on the
>>basis of physics?"
>	That might have been the somewhat embattled Steve LaBonne.

Yup, 'twas I.  I don't know about the "embattled", though;  I just
find Hubert's pretentious, windy outpourings amusing.  I particularly
enjoyed his call to the lurkers (knowing that I'm a postdoc who hasn't
published much yet) to ask for my publication list.  This is funny
because it's really Thomas Jukes with whom he's disagreeing, and I'm
quite sure Jukes's CV would stack up rather favorably with Hubert's!

--
Opinions are mine alone; I never met a university with opinions!
Steve LaBonne ********************* (labonnes at cnsunix.albany.edu)