mtDNA molluscs Primers?

Javier Quintero Vazquez bnjquint at usc.es
Fri Jul 14 13:35:04 EST 1995

	Hi, I am writing to you to ask for information about the amplification
of mitochondrial DNA in molluscs. Particularly, I would like to known a
list of primers that work without problems in molluscs.

Organisms: Bivalves (Venus, Tapes and relatives).

	Now, I tried, with the classical primers to vertebrates of Kocher,
to amplify a region (different to 16S ribosomal gene), the complete
cytochrome B gene with poor results.
	Nevertheless, I obtains amplifications from regions within this gene.
I think that there is not amplification of the complete gene because the
primers used are based in the sequences close to the limits of the gene
(tRNAs), and these sequences are different in vertebrates and molluscs.

I should be grateful if you have some information to the sequences/primers
close to Cytb in bivalves.

Sincerely yours
Javier Quinteiro
Dpt. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology