Simple, deep, evolutionary tree

Bill Pearson wrp at avery.med.Virginia.EDU
Mon Oct 30 09:19:28 EST 1995

	I am looking for a modern, deep, but relatively sparse
evolutionary tree that I can use to illustrate the concept of homology
for protein sequence similarity searches.  In the past, I have used
the tree in one of the early Atlas of Protein Sequence and Structure
volumes, but I would prefer something that is (1) modern and (2) not
copyrighted.  Ideally, it would contain several vertebrates (including
human of course), invertebrates, plants, fungi, and 3 - 6 prokaryotes
(including E. Coli).  If you have a reasonable newick tree that fits
the bill, or can point me to a postscript file or WWW site, I would
appreciate it greatly.

The trees from the ribosomal database project are far too complex for
my purpose.

Bill Pearson
--
wrp at virginia.EDU