Surveying NCRs

Marc Robinson robinson at acnuc.univ-lyon1.fr
Fri Aug 30 06:09:09 EST 1996

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960829123258.27488B-100000 at meded.med.uci.edu>, ggutman at MEDED.MED.UCI.EDU (George Gutman) writes:
>I'd like to be able to survey the non-coding regions of transcripts, for
>example listing the lengths of each from genes withing a particular
>database, or searching for genes with NCRs within a given range of
>lengths.  Can anyone point me to tools to do this?

If you are interested in vertebrate NCRs, HOVERGEN is a database of
all vertebrate genes in which gene structure information is declared,
including introns and non coding flanking regions. It is easily
searchable with QUERY_WIN, a graphical interface for recovering
sequences in data bases structured under ACNUC.

You may check : http://biom3.univ-lyon1.fr:8080/www/doclogi/hoverangl/ahovergen.html

reference : Duret, Mouchiroud, Gouy (1994) NAR 22: 2360-2365

hope this helps,

Marc Robinson

UMR CNRS 5558 "Biometrie, Genetique, et Biologie des Populations"
Universite Claude Bernard Lyon 1
43, boulevard du 11 novembre 1918
69622 Villeurbanne cedex
France