Spam (was Re: justification for "maximum maximum likelihood")

Jerry Learn learn at valis.microbiol.washington.edu
Sun Jul 20 14:05:30 EST 1997

In article <5qpleh$qua at nntp3.u.washington.edu>,
joe at evolution.genetics.washington.edu (Joe Felsenstein) wrote:

> PS There has been a sudden reduction of Spam in the BIOSCI groups --
> my congratulations to the BIOSCI management for putting some Spam-
> blocking systems in place (I think).

Joe,

I don't think that the systems are in place yet.

On the moderation of b.m.e: we are only waiting for USENET approval and
and a final check of my email system.  It will probably take longer than I
expect, but we should be changed over to a moderated group soon.
_____

Jerry Learn

Research Associate

Dept. of Microbiology             | Learn at u.washington.edu
University of Washington          | Phone: (206) 616-4286
Box 357740                        |
Seattle, WA  98195-7740  USA      |   FAX: (206) 616-1575