[Molecular-evolution] low bootstrap values

Peng Wang via mol-evol%40net.bio.net (by pwang521 from gmail.com)
Wed May 16 10:49:44 EST 2012

Hello,

I am doing phylogeny work on protein sequences. There are 23 sequences from
more than 10 dicot species.The problem is that bootstrap values for some
nodes are too low (less than 50/100). The sequences belong to the same gene
family. I tried different ways, such as deleting bad regions and trying on
different models and the problem is still there. Can I ask for suggestions
here?

Peng Wang, Postdoc
Department of Biochemistry
University of Nebraska-Lincoln