Which books?

Jonathan Badger badger at phylo.life.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 5 09:12:07 EST 1995

odonnell at sasa.gov.uk (Kevin O'Donnell) writes:

>Try 'The Blind Watchmaker' by Richard Dawkins. It's very well written -
>sadly all too rare for science books.  The second edition of 'The Selfish
>Gene' by the same author is also very good.

'The Blind Watchmaker' *is* good when it sticks to science, which is
all the more pity when Dawkins uses it to promote his own (atheistic)
world view. Ignoring the fact of whether or not you agree with
Dawkins' philosophical beliefs, I think we can all agree that a) they
are irrelevant to the science discussed, and b) they serve the causes
of the Creationists because they can use it as "evidence" that
evolution is an atheistic theory that non-atheists should reject.