ITS polymorphism and taxonomy/phylogeny

James McInerney jamm at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Dec 4 10:27:25 EST 1997

Yves,

I worked on Clostridia for a while, sequencing this region.  I found that this
is a hyper-variable region, with taxa from the same 'species' having
polymorphisms in this region.  Most of these polymorphisms were in the form of
base substitutions, but there were insertion-deletion events also.

I couldn't publish the results due to confidentiality agreements and other
such crap.

Hope this helps a little,

James

--
=========
James O. McInerney               email: J.mcinerney at nhm.ac.uk
Molec. Biol. Comput. Officer,    phone: +44 171 938 9247
Department of Zoology,           Fax:   +44 171 938 9158
The Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road,
London SW7 5BD.
=========