Making movies of models

Mike Clark mrc7 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Feb 19 09:48:46 EST 2001

In article <20010216212511.5893A36F9 at sitemail.everyone.net>, rainer machne
<URL:mailto:machne at smoove.org> wrote:
> Hi
>

> CHIME is a plug-in for your browser that allows you to write simple
> scripts(with comma nds like move, rotate, zoom,...) for animated
> presentation of PDB files which can than be implemented in an html code
> and published on the net. It's sounds hard but actuall y it is quite
> easy.
>

> check out
>
> http://www.umass.edu/microbio/chime/
>
> to learn more about chime.
>
> at
>
> www.schaumwelt.com/scivis/catenin
>
> you can see such chime presentations about the structure of beta-catenin
>
> (click "3D structure").
>
> You can find more examples on the above link to Eric Martz's chime
> resource site.
>

>  Rainer Machne

One of the things I dislike about CHIME is that as a plug-in it is only
available for some OSs and and not for others. This generates two classes
of people accessing your website.

[1] Those that have access to your information.

[2] Those that don't!

Thus CHIME works well for a controlled teaching environment where you can
ensure that everyone has access to the required OS and plug-in. I wouldn't
agree that it is a good piece of software if your intention is to make the
information as widely available as possible.

Mike Clark,                        <URL:http://www.path.cam.ac.uk/~mrc7/>
--
 o/ \\    //            ||  ,_ o   M.R. Clark, PhD. Division of Immunology
<\__,\\  //   __o       || /  /\,  Cambridge University, Dept. Pathology