Error in pAL4 published sequence.

Gregory May gsmay at bcm.tmc.edu
Thu Apr 28 11:22:08 EST 1994

Geoff Turner recently contacted me by email concerning the sequence of
 the expression vector pAL4.  The original publication was Waring, R.B.,
May, G.S., and Morris, N.R. (1989) Characterization of an inducible expression
system in Aspergillus nidulans using alcA and tubulin coding genes.
Gene 79, 119-130.  Geoff indicated that the sequence might be incorrect
because they were unable to get expression from a fusion they had
constructed.  My laboratory has had a similar problem with a fusion
from this vector.  Geoff indicated that there was an additional C
in their sequence not reported in the publication.  We have gone back
and sequenced our fusion and the original vector to determine if we had
made an error.  Our sequencing results confirm the prsence of an extra C.

Published:	ATG TCG GTA CCC GGG GAT
Sequenced:	ATG TCC GGT ACC CGG GGA T etc.

If you or other have had a problem with this vector this may be the
source of it.

Greg May