WWW-FGSC

Leland Ellis leland at straylight.tamu.edu
Tue Mar 22 12:39:26 EST 1994

Three cheers for the WWW rendition of the FGSC catalog.  However, I found it only
after investigating via CERN where in Kansas it actually resides -- this URL
works:

http://kufacts.cc.ukans.edu/cwis/units/fgsc/main.html

It is somewhat slow, especially as for each catagory it retrieves all entries, e.g.,
all of the mailing list, or all strains.  This can be alleviated by breaking these
large flat html files into small chunks, accessed from a menu page.

Thanks Craig.  Having a ready source of this info, and the ability w/ Mosaic
to download ascii data, is a great help (we have done quite a bit from the
FGSC catalog by scanning).

Cheers,

Leland
--
Leland Ellis, Ph.D.
Professor of Biochemistry and Biophysics
email: leland at straylight.tamu.edu