Barrowsii samples

Thu Sep 14 11:54:57 EST 1995

Hello,

Regarding the Boletus barowsii from Vancouver Island that Brian McNett
mentions in the latest MycoInfo, an associate of mine obtained 3 large
basidiocarps and freeze-dried them (in original condition).  (Yes, I
know- it takes a sick mind to think of science before thinking of your
stomach...)  We are pretty sure that they are barrowsii- there is no cap
cuticle on them to speak of, and they are bone white.  So, if anyone has a
burning desire to see these Northern oddballs, we've got them at our lab.
-RSW

  RICHARD WINDER                    Title: Research Scientist
  Canadian Forest Service           Phone: (604) 363-0773