Mushroom Imports

JeremyBrowne Jeremy at grazeley.demon.co.uk
Wed Aug 14 05:45:22 EST 1996

Hi Lou

In article <4ur1oo$su7 at newsbf02.news.aol.com>
           unicornbag at aol.com "UNICORNbag" writes:

> Just lost the message when aol got disconnected.
> Regarding shiitake in US, the author is a few years behind times,
> Regarding paddie straw mushrooms, only the orientals are familiar with
> this mushroom, and you have to do a lot of marketing,

I recall a story of two shoe salesmen, sent to Africa to ply their trade.
One cabled back to the company after only a week, saying:
"Terrible sales prospects here - NOBODY wears shoes"

The other also cabled the company after a week, saying:
"WONDERFUL sales opportunity her - nobody wears shoes, yet"!!!

> ... secondly you have to get round of the shelf life problem
> in shipping and reaching the consumer.

If business is too easy, it doesn't need a clever bloke like us to run it
and make money!

:-)

--
Jeremy Browne, Hampshire, UK