Soil Fungi/actinomycetes

scpl6023 at scpl6023 at
Fri Aug 16 11:23:02 EST 1996

Dear all,
        I am a microbiologist by training but I don't have a lot of experience
with fungi/actinomycetes.  Recently in my research (for a Ph.D in biocontrol)
I have come across a lot of fungi and what I think are actinomycetes.

        The only book in our library for help in identification is dated 1947!
I wonder if anybody could recommend a more up to date book in this area?

        Also I would appreciate any hints or tips more experienced workers wouldhave for me.

        Thanks in advance

        Susan :->

Susan Rafferty,
Plant Biotech.,