Digital Cameras for Fungi

Nathan Wilson velosa at cinenet.net
Wed Jul 26 11:56:28 EST 2000

I'm seriously considering getting a digital camera for taking shots
of fungi and am wondering if anyone has any experience with this.
I currently use a Nikon FE2 with a macro lens.  For most situations
that's enough, but I would love to get even closer.  I have an extension
tube, but it's hard to use effectively in the field.  The other big
challenge with photographing fungi is light.  I've used a macro-speed
light for years with reasonable success, but I prefer to take longer
exposures from a tripod.

My main questions are which cameras allow you to get down *really* close
(a few centimeters filling the entire image) and how do you handle
lighting.

Thanks!
-Nathan

---