Desiccant?

treelike treelike at lineone.net
Tue Mar 4 05:03:11 EST 2003

e.hutton wrote in message ...

The rate of a) increases slightly with temperature (roughly T**(1/2) ).
The rate of b) increases steeply with temperature, but unfortunately, so
does the rate of spoilage. The rate of c) depends slightly on temperature,
but VERY steeply on air speed. This led me to speculate that the easiest
way to speed up drying would be to increase air flow.(Which is hardly
original- clotheslines have been in use for a LOOOONG time...  :-) ).

Heh my aunt once told me a story about when she actually used a washing line
to dry mushrooms on during a bumper year. Apparently a common technique in
the likes of Poland but the strange looks she got from her neighbours
here.......