beginner question

JPM adminNOSPAMat at NOSPAMmonkeysunitedNOSPAMdot.SSPPAAMMcom
Thu Aug 12 04:01:29 EST 2004

Sage Brooks wrote:
> HI im planning on growing fly agaric.  can one use the same formula as
> the fanaticus substrate of brown rice powder and vermiculite?
>
> also.. is there such a thing as "too much humidity"?
>
> should i make a ventilation hole on my terraniums?
>
> thanks
>
> Sage Brooks

Its usual habitat seems to suggest its a wood loving sp. so i would
imagine you would have to case in wood to fruit, could not find spacific
fruiting conditions in stamets book and I dont waist my time with
aminita, hope that helps.
from feild guide:
on ground Usually beneath spruce, birch, or mixed woods

as far as humidity for a casing you want to maintain around 90% rh for
best results. My suggestion is to head to alt.drugs.mushrooms if you are
seeking more information on this type of cultivation.