[Mycology] Help with a spore id

James via mycology%40net.bio.net (by mahaffy from dordt.edu)
Fri Apr 25 15:25:56 EST 2008

Folks,

We have a bright student who is doing a directed research project on
testing the spores found in the air when it comes over Iowa from
different areas.  The student is good at ID'ng most of her sproes (she
grown then on agar and then looks at the spores) but is running stuck
on this one.

Can someone help me with this one?  I am not a mycologists but I have
taught Plant Morphology.  My wild guess is initial stages of a
zygosporangium but there is not much of a zygosporangium if that is
it.

You can find her picture at:

http://homepages.dordt.edu/~mahaffy/temp/Spore_ST.JPG

Thanks.