[Mycology] Re: Help identify this mushroom

Sdraeger via mycology%40net.bio.net (by seth.draeger from gmail.com)
Fri Nov 28 00:52:56 EST 2008

On Nov 8, 9:28 am, bonevvv <bone... from hotmail.com> wrote:
> This mushroom has grown out of my dracena at home. Please help me identifying
> it.http://picasaweb.google.com/bonevvv/Mushroom1#
>
> Thanks a lot
> --

I am no expert, but the closest thing I could find in my
identification book and online is the Green-spored Lepiota which when
young can have white spores.  It is apparently commonly mistaken for
the Shaggy parasol and therefore one of the most common mushrooms
involved in mushroom poisoning. Once again, I am not even close to
being an expert, but I found one like it in my book and checked some
stuff online and that was the closest I could find, the shaggy parasol
or lepiota rachodes seems to be more of a buff or tan color, and it
becomes pink or saffron when bruised.