[Mycology] Re: Help identify this mushroom

emilsson from scs.uiuc.edu via mycology%40net.bio.net (by emilsson from scs.uiuc.edu)
Sat Nov 29 22:57:52 EST 2008

The mushroom in the picture is Lepiota rachodes. "Green spore lepiotas" (aka
Chlorophyllum molybdites) have that name because their spores are green.
When "they are young" they have no spores, green or otherwise, so the gills
are white...
BTW, dip the caps in beat up egg, bread crumbs, and fry them in olive
oil...good eatin'...