Thanks for the help with EEG spectral analysis...

James Tizard psjmt at cc.flinders.edu.au
Fri Nov 1 06:17:58 EST 1991

Thanks to the many people who responded to my request for assistance
with EEG spectral analysis. Unfortunately, my mail folders got
graunched the other night, and I can't remember all your names. Sorry.

Most people suggested some sort of FFT based bandpass filter arrangement,
and I am doing this at the moment. However, I recieved a number of
suggestions regarding wavelet transforms, which it seems, can provide
superior results. I have found the following paper illuminating

A.W. Przybyszewski (1991) - An analysis of oscillatory patterns in the
CNS with the wavelet method. Journal ofNeuroscience Methods 38 pp
247-257.

Thanks especially to the person who referred me to it.

If anyone has any experiences or comments regarding the application
of wavelet methods to EEG analysis, I would be very keen to hear
from you (and I won't lose the mail this time!)

Thanks again

 _--_|\        James Tizard
/      \       Cognitive Neuroscience Laboratory
\_.-*._/       Psychology Department
      v        Flinders University of South Australia
               psjmt at cc.flinders.edu.au