IUBio

What are the six different types of human neurons?

Mark W. Tilden mwtilden at watmath.waterloo.edu
Wed Apr 8 10:11:18 EST 1992

During a recent neural-networks lecture, it was pointed out that
comp-sci types only model one type of human neuron, where animal (human)
bodys contain no less than six different types.

I know I could look this up, but what is a net for?  Could someone
please post the names of these six, and, if possible, a short discription
of their physiological locations and function (so far as is known).

Just when I thought we were making progress in neural-nets, Ma Nature
throws us a 6-sided multiplier.  Typical.

Is all.

--
Mark Tilden: _-_-_-__--__--_      /(glitch!)  M.F.C.F Hardware Design Lab.
-_-___       |              \  /\/            U of Waterloo. Ont. Can, N2L-3G1