corpus

Cynthia Norrgran norrgran at csn.net
Sun Dec 11 10:51:41 EST 1994

The operation you are asking about is called a corpus callosotomy. It can
be either anterior, meaning the anterior two thirds of the corpus is
sectioned, or postior, meaning the posterior two thiirds is sectioned.
Very seldom would you section the entire corpus because you end up with a
split brain syndrome, which can be devastating. If you want more info,
write my by email. My nurse one day inadvertately called the operation a
corpus colostomy, ( shit for brains?).