help!! need something to knock out insects

I'm running on fumes! damicol at kenyon.edu
Wed Dec 21 22:54:13 EST 1994

Hi.  I am an undergrad bio/neuroscience major at Kenyon College.  My research
concerns behavioral responses in Manduca sexta.  I'm getting ready to run
trials, and I was curious if anyone knew of a relatively inobtrusive method of
anesthetizing M. sexta caterpillars.  I know some of the older research used
CO2, but my concern is how that will affect blood chemistry, and hence my
results.  I tried ice, but the cold seems to have too long of an effect,
stopping all activity for some time after exposure.  If anyone has any
suggestions, I'd appreciate your insight.  Since I'm going home for the
holidays, if responsed could be mailed to:
			DAMICOL at KENYON.EDU
I'd appreciate, because I probably won't get back to the net in time to read
anything posted.  Once again, thanks!
						Lou D'Amico