Tutorials on presentations

Alan Saul saul+ at pitt.edu
Tue Nov 1 13:14:06 EST 1994

Jeff Radel, at the University of Kansas, has developed some useful
reminders about preparing posters and slide presentations and placed them
in hypertext format on the Web. Somewhat amusingly, he does not seem to
have access to this newsgroup, so he asked me to point to them.

 I've also developed two (so far) tutorials aimed at
introducing students to the concepts necessary to create effective visuals
and to design poster presentations - admittedly with the added aim of
reducing the amount of time faculty spend repeating the same information to
different students.  If you have a hypertext browser (i.e., Mosaic) and
Ethernet access to the World Wide Web, check out these sites.  I'd be
interested in your feedback...

Effective Visuals:

http://kumchttp.mc.ukans.edu/instruction/alliedHealth/Occ_Therapy_Ed/jradel/Effective_visuals/VisStrt.html

Poster Presentations:

http://kumchttp.mc.ukans.edu/instruction/alliedHealth/Occ_Therapy_Ed/jradel/Poster_Presentations/PstrStart.html

I did check them out briefly and think they are quite worthwhile, and
certainly not just for students!

Note that the URLs given above should be all in one line. I'll recommend
to Jeff that he not bury them so deeply.

Jeff's address, for further correspondence:

  Jeff Radel                    JRadel at ukanvm.cc.ukans.edu
  3033 Robinson                 JRadel at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
  Univ. Kansas Med. Center
  3901 Rainbow Blvd.            TEL: (913) 588-7195
  Kansas City, KS 66160-7602    FAX: (913) 588-4568

--
Alan Saul
saul+ at pitt.edu