Neuronal cell line with glutamate receptors???

Ian Reynolds ijr at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu
Thu Nov 3 16:00:41 EST 1994

In article <wheat-0211941002160001 at med-pharm7.bu.edu> wheat at mbcrr.harvard.edu (Charles E. Weaver) writes:

>I would like to find a neuronal cell line that contains glutamate
>receptors.  I saw something in a journal a while back and can't find it
>now.... anyone remember what the company was?????

>Thanks in advance

>-Chuck

The following references all use cell lines that seem to have *ionotropic*
glutamate receptors.  I do not know if they are commercially available.

Morimoto BH and Koshland DE, Jr. (1990) Induction and expression of long- and short-term neurosecretory potentiation in a neural cell line.  Neuron 5:875-880.

Spergel DJ, Krsmanovic LZ, Stojilkovic SS and Catt KJ (1994) Glutamate modulates [Ca2+]i and gonadotropin-releasing hormone secretion in immortalized hypothalamic GT1-7 neurons.  Neuroendocrinology 59:309-317.

Turetsky DM, Huettner JE, Gottlieb DI, Goldberg MP and Choi DW (1993) Glutamate receptor-mediated currents and toxicity in embryonal carcinoma cells.  J.Neurobiol. 24:1157-1169.

Van der Valk JBF and Vijverberg HPM (1990) Glutamate-induced inward current in a clonal neuroblastoma cell line.  Eur.J.Pharmacol. 185:99-102.

Younkin DP, Tang C-M, Hardy M, Reddy UR, Shi Q-Y, Pleasure SJ, Lee VM-Y and
Pleasure D (1993) Inducible expression of neuronal glutamate receptor channels
in the NT2 human cell line.  Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 90:2174-2178.