Q: Making poster titles: what PC software is good?

Steven Roy Daviss sdaviss at UMABNET.AB.UMD.EDU
Sat Nov 5 00:54:06 EST 1994

Thanks to all who responded about PC software for making poster titles.
Mentioned were MS Word, Corel Draw, Parsons Technology's Announcements,
and Banner Mania, in addition to a freeware title.

Since posting my question, we tried using a program we have on the unit
to make certificates and announcements--PrintMaster Gold (DOS).  It
*does* make poster titles, any length, across multiple laser pages.  It
doesn't use TT fonts, but comes with 30-40 nice-looking fonts which are
scalable (no jaggies).  I can print multiple lines, with different
fonts/sizes thru-out.  I'm happy with it (it'll be on my poster--?409.12).
I think it's commonly available in most software shops for --I'm guessing
here-- ~$60.

Steve Daviss