Neuronal cell line with glutamate receptors???

Andrew M. Wertkin awertkin at mscf.med.upenn.edu
Sun Nov 6 14:50:16 EST 1994

In <ijr.2.00100367 at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu>, ijr at prophet.pharm.pitt.edu (Ian Reynolds) writes:
>In article <wheat-0211941002160001 at med-pharm7.bu.edu> wheat at mbcrr.harvard.edu (Charles E. Weaver) writes:
>

>>I would like to find a neuronal cell line that contains glutamate
>>receptors.  I saw something in a journal a while back and can't find it
>>now.... anyone remember what the company was?????
>
>>Thanks in advance
>
>>-Chuck
>
>The following references all use cell lines that seem to have *ionotropic*
>glutamate receptors.  I do not know if they are commercially available.
>

>Younkin DP, Tang C-M, Hardy M, Reddy UR, Shi Q-Y, Pleasure SJ, Lee VM-Y and
>Pleasure D (1993) Inducible expression of neuronal glutamate receptor channels
>in the NT2 human cell line.  Proc.Natl.Acad.Sci.USA 90:2174-2178.

The cell line in this final reference is commercialy available from Stratagene.
I believe Stratagene is advertising the cells in the latest Nature (among other
journals).  ATCC carries the precursor cells.

Andrew M. Wertkin
Neuroscience Graduate Group
Institute of Neurological Sciences
University of Pennsylvania