Monitor NN process in real living creature?

Tai-Wu Chiang twchiang at utxvms.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Nov 10 16:36:29 EST 1994

     Is there a technique in today's biology that let us
monitor and record the operations of nerve system in a real
living creature, like an ant or a mosquito?

     Can we map the neural network of a mosquito into code and
implement it into a computer? If the answer is YES, then
simulation of the behavior of a mosquito may reveal some
interesting things.

     This would be exciting if we consider live is a continuous
interaction with the environment. Then we construct a man made
environment in computer and let it interacts with the
mosquito's mind. The mosquito will live forever in the
computer, so do human.

     If such technique is well developed in the future. Then
before people die, we scan his NN connections and weightings
into computer makes him live forever not by manipulating his
biological information storage medium but by the silicon
ccounterpart. Combine with the technique of virtual reality, *he*
can interacte us with no difficulties.

     In the long distance outer space mission, it's no way to
carry a real man in the vehicle. So carrying the copied
astronaut's mind but not his body may be a good solution. It
also has an advantage for *him* to communicate with the
conventional computer which is suitable in high speed
calculation and control. The current interfacing problem
between human and conventional computer can be eliminate. No
paddle, no keyboard no monitor, etc. Is'nt it Wonderful!

     The mixtured mind of human intellectual and computating
power of convention computer can be realized smoothly in this
way.

     Is any one out there can give me more information or reference
about the topics I mentioned above?

Tai-Wu Chiang
11/10/94