discussion on the neuroscience news group

Jeffrey S Brush jeffyb at wam.umd.edu
Thu Nov 10 10:04:47 EST 1994

Brian Scott (scott at PSYCH.TORONTO.EDU) wrote:
:  >|> Flame me if you will.  One might believe the predictions
:  >|> that surfing the net would result in surfer-mentality
:  >|> -neuroscience.
:  >|>
:  >|> yeck!
:  >
:  >Hear, Hear!! You would think the readers of the group are junior
:  >highschoolers in a one room school house the way they ask for references.
:  >Dont come to the net asking for references until youve done a thourough
:  >search either in the library by hand or using the computer data bases.
:  >Thomas
:  >
:  >
: Yes sir!  Yes sir!  I'm sorry for being out of line!  [sarcasm]

: In my opinion, lay-people and students don't ask enough questions as it
: is, without having to be discouraged from doing so by this kind of
: moronic response.

Absolutely!!  Besides, those 'experts' that are too busy doing their important
research shouldn't be out perusing the 'net anyway.  And nobody says they have
to respond if they don't want to.

I thought teachers were supposed to.

-- Jeff Brush